Events and races from the club syllabus, the Wellington region, and further afield
view future events view past events view all events
NEWSFLASH: this event is now cancelled due to early lambing at the pony club. The club champs will now be determined at the Wellington Champs on 18 July.
Club cross country champs. Races for all ages from juniors through to masters.
We are returning to where club champs were held back in the day. The course will be different from the Grand Memorial, based around 1.8 km loops that will include a bit of a hill and fewer streams. The kids run a reduced 1km lap as we take the hill out for them. There is a trophy in each age group for both the winner and handicap winner, plus second and third get recorded with certificates - so it's all on!
Please bring a plate for the afternoon tea at the clubrooms after the races.
Be aware there may be no parking at the Pony Club paddocks due to wet ground, so parking will probably beon the road - take care as it is narrow in places.
Start times and grades
- Boys and girls, U13 U11: 2km (2 x 1km lap)
- Boys and girls, U19, U17 and U15: 3.6km (2 x 1.8km lap)
- Walkers, all grades (2 x 1.8km lap)
- Note that Race 3 will still start on time if the walkers are still out on the course
- Boys and girls U9: 1km (2 x 500m lap)
- Boys and Girls U7: 500m (1 x 500m lap)
- Senior Men: 7.2km (4 x 1.8km lap)
- Senior Women, Masters Men 35,50,60: 5.5km (3 x 1.8km lap)
- Masters Women 35,50,60:: 5.5km (3 x 1.8km lap)