Ever wondered where to go to find the latest in news and results each day? Or where you can go to find the best training hints (besides the club coach that is)?
Here is a list of useful sites for runners — news, results, tips, etc, and some of the other clubs in the Wellington area. Many of these sites themselves have extensive links to other running websites and resources.
News, events and results
- Athletics New Zealand — the official ANZ website with news, events, and results
- Kids athletics – home of the Run Jump Throw and Get Set Go programmes
- IAAF — the global athletics governing body, with news and results
- World Mountain Running Association — Official WMRA website - for all those mountain runners in the club!
- Track and Field News — Online version of the magazine
- Cool Running — Complete online resource for all runners
- Let's Run — International running message board
- NZRun.com — NZ news, results and information for the serious athlete
- Athletics New Zealand — the national athletics body
- Athletics Wellington — information on Athletics Wellington
- Sport Wellington — body for promoting sport and recreation in Wellington
- Primary Sport Wellington — organises primary school sports in Wellington
- NZ Secondary School Athletics Assocation — governing body for secondary school athletics in New Zealand
- New Zealand Children’s Athletic Association Inc — some information about Children’s Athletics
Other Wellington-based harrier and athletic clubs
- Runner’s World magazine — News, training and tips, gear reviews, nutrition, injury prevention etc
- Marathon Training — Marathon news and results, training programmes, online training log
- Richard Brent’s Race Split Calculator — Calculate splits for various race distances
A small selection of local fun (or not so fun!) runs:
- MountainRunning.com - A site run by an ex-New Zealander living in North America featuring a page on New Zealand mountain running
- New Zealand Sports Hall of Fame - Athletics
- Running event photos - by our very own Gary Nesbit
Missing anything? Let us know by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 28 Sep 2019