Events and races from the club syllabus, the Wellington region, and further afield
view future events view past events view all events
NEWSFLASH: now incorporates the Olympic club XC champs - replacing the originally-scheduled separate champs event.
2021 details below:
The venue is the same as the one used in 2019. It is based on a 2km lap which is similar to the course used for the 2019 national champs. It is a mixture of flat and undulating cross country running, and is suitable for spikes. It is likely that the course will be firm underfoot, unless there is heavy rain in the hours prior to the event in which case parts will get muddy and slippery. Each lap crosses a tarsealed road twice. The course will be marked with electrical tape, cones and flags. Competitors are to run between flags / cones, and around the outside of the tape – no cutting corners!
Beware: the Park is open to the public, so beware of the potential for spectators, members of the public and dogs to venture onto the course while you are competing.
- Wellington championship grades are: U10, U12, U14, U16, U18, U20, Senior, Masters 35, 50, 60 and 70.
- Championship distance for SW, SM, MW35, MM35 and MM50 is 10km.
- Championship distance for MW50, MW60, MM60, MW70 and MM70 is 5km.
- For all grades except Masters, ages are at 31st December 2021. For Masters’ grades, ages are age on the day.
ENTRY AND ELIGIBILITY
The event is open to any athlete registered in the Athletes NZ ClubNet database as “Competitive” and “Active and Financial” as at 11.59pm on Friday 16 July 2021.
Competitive athletes from other centres are welcome. They are to email their entry to Daryl Bloomfield (email@example.com) by 16 July and pay their $12 entry fee direct to Athletics Wellington (deposit into 031-540- 0009238-00).
Only “Competitive” members of an Athletics Wellington club will eligible for championship medals and to count in teams’ races.
Athletics Wellington clubs will be invoiced after the event for the competitors who finish:
- $12.00 for all competitors aged 20+
- $7.50 for all competitors under 20.
RUNNERS COMPETING OUT OF GRADE
Any competitor who want to compete out of grade must notify Daryl Bloomfield (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday 16 July.
RACE UNIFORM AND NUMBERS
All competitors must wear their official club uniform and their Athletics Wellington race bib (as issued for the Dorne Cup and Vosseler Shield) on the front of their uniform.
If you have misplaced / lost your race bib, please see Daryl Bloomfield on race day for a temporary bib (which must be returned after your race).
There are team races for each championship grade, except Seniors where the team race will be Open (first 6 from each club in the 10km race to count for the Men, who will compete for the White & Mackay Shield, and first 4 from each club in the 10km race to count for the Women).
Counting Individuals for teams:
First six from each club to count for Open Men and four for all other grades.
Athletics Wellington championship medals are awarded for the first three registered Wellington athletes in each grade. These medals will be presented at the Soundshell as soon as possible after each race.
RACE START TIMES AND DISTANCES
- 5km (1km loop then 2 x 2km): WU18, MW50, MW60, MW70, MM60, MM70, all other adult grades non-championship
- 4km (2 x 2km) Boys U16, Girls U16
- 6km (3 x 2km) MU18, WU20
- 8km (4 x 2km) MU20
- 1km (1 x 1km loop) Boys U10, Girls U10
- 2km (1 x 2km) Boys U12, Girls U12, Boys U14, Girls U14
- 10km (5 x 2km) SW, SM, MW35, MM35, MM50, all other grades non-championship
Note: the 1km loop is the first half of the 2km loop.