Changes to masters grades for 2018 1 Apr 2018.
At recent meetings, Athletics Wellington decided to make some changes to the masters grades for 2018:
- Masters age will be 35 for all Wellington interclub events
- There will be some changes to how team results are determined:
- The will be an Open Team instead of a Senior Team
- A club’s Open Team will be determined by the order athletes cross the finish line, regardless of whether they are a Senior or a Master
- A Master can count in both the Open and Masters Teams races
- Athletes will only be eligible for individual medals in the grade their age puts them in (ie Seniors, Masters 35, Masters 50 etc)
- As per prior years, an athlete may elect to compete in a different grade (eg a Masters competing in Seniors, a Junior competing in Seniors) by giving notice prior to the race. In this case, a Master electing to compete as a Senior won’t then count for a Masters team and Masters medals but will be eligible for Senior individual medals.