Summer training (October to March)
Children's Athletics coaching
Amanda Goldsmith has coached for the Olympic Club for many years. Her training sessions include core strength, flexibility and drills as part of all her sessions.
Mondays to Fridays: at Grenada North Park and at other venues. Generally the times of her sessions are:
- 3:30pm–4:45pm: For under 12s (Juniors)
- 5:00pm–6:30pm: For 12 and older (Seniors)
For the full schedule or for further details please contact Amanda on 021 614 064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sundays: Gym training for intermediate/college athletes (12+ years) at Revolve Gym in Tawa is from 12:00pm to 4.30pm. There are different sessions and they have to be booked prior to attending. The gym cost is $5 per session, payable on the day. Please contact Amanda for details. Note: Vivian Yu sends cancellations and session changes on behalf of Amanda. Her contact details are email@example.com or phone 021 113 4128.
Early season training: There is an extra cost for athletics training between 3 September and the end of October, which covers venue costs and equipment. Please sign up and pay using our early coaching form. The cost is:
- $35 for Olympic club members
- $70 for non-Olympic club members.
For dates after this period, see the costs below.
Middle distance coaching and/or keeping fit for your winter or summer sports
Olympic has built up a strong middle distance group of runners over the years. If you're keen on the longer distances then come and join in with these training sessions. They are held as follows:
- Nairnville Park, Khandallah – primary, intermediate age with John Cope from 3:30pm to 4:00pm.
- Grenada North Park, Tawa – primary, intermediate, college age with Juan McDonald from 4:20pm to 5:00pm.
- Alex Moore Park, Johnsonville – Intermediate, college, adults with Chris Speakman and Rob McCrudden from 6:30pm to 7:30pm (Daylight Saving time) or 6:00pm to 7:00pm (after Daylight Saving finishes).
- Nairnville Park, Khandallah – primary, intermediate age with John Cope from 3:30pm to 4:00pm
- Grenada North Park – primary, intermediate, college age with Juan McDonald and Mark Anderson from 4:20pm to 5:00pm
Costs for summer training sessions (end of October 2018 until end of March 2019)
If you are a current registered Olympic club member the cost to train with our athletics coach is $50 for the summer season. The cost for non-Olympic club members is $70. The fee pays for equipment and other associated costs.
If you wish to train with one of our middle distance running coaches and you are a current full member of the club there is no cost. If you are not a member the cost is $50.
Please sign up and pay by credit card using our online coaching form. If you would prefer to pay by internet banking please still sign up using the online coaching form, and pay $50 to Olympic Harriers: 03 0566-0125857-00 (Westpac). Contact our coaching coordinator using our contact us form to let us know you have paid or if you have any questions.
Last updated: 4 Jan 2019