This page not currently in use
Summer training (October to March)
Children's Athletics coaching
Amanda Goldsmith has coached for the Olympic Club for many years. Her training sessions include core strength, flexibility and drills as part of all her sessions.
Mondays to Fridays: at Grenada North Park and at other venues. Generally the times of her sessions are:
- 3:30pm–4:45pm: For under 12s (Juniors)
- 5:00pm–6:30pm: For 12 and older (Seniors)
For the full schedule or for further details please contact Amanda on 021 614 064 or email email@example.com.
Sundays (June–September): Gym training for intermediate/college athletes (12+ years) at Revolve Gym in Tawa is from 2:00pm to 5.00pm. There are different sessions and they have to be booked prior to attending. The gym cost is $10 per session, payable on the day. Please contact Amanda for details.
Early season training: Please contact Amanda for details of early season training (between early September and the end of October).
All sessions are scheduled via the Heja app – contact us using our contact us form for more information (use children's activities for the subject).
Middle distance coaching and/or keeping fit for your winter or summer sports
Olympic has built up a strong middle distance group of runners over the years. If you're keen on the longer distances then come and join in with these training sessions. They are held as follows:
- Nairnville Park, Khandallah – primary, intermediate age with John Cope from 3:40pm to 4:30pm.
- Grenada North Park, Tawa – primary, intermediate, college age with Juan McDonald from 4:20pm to 5:00pm.
- Alex Moore Park, Johnsonville – Intermediate, college, adults with Chris Speakman and Rob McCrudden from 6:30pm to 7:30pm (Daylight Saving time) or 6:00pm to 7:00pm (after Daylight Saving finishes).
- Nairnville Park, Khandallah – primary, intermediate age with John Cope from 3:40pm to 4:30pm
- Grenada North Park – primary, intermediate, college age with Juan McDonald and Mark Anderson from 4:20pm to 5:00pm
Costs for summer training sessions
If you are a current registered Olympic club member the cost to train with our athletics coach is $50 for the summer season; discounts for multiple children are available. The fee pays for equipment and other associated costs.
If you wish to train with one of our middle distance running coaches and you are a current full member of the club there is no cost. If you are not a member the cost is $50.
Please pay when you register for the season or if you would prefer to pay by internet banking please pay $50 to Olympic Harriers: 03 0566-0125857-00 (Westpac). Contact our coaching coordinator using our contact us form to let us know you have paid or if you have any questions.
Last updated: 18 Apr 2023