The main event is an open handicap race, with all five races across two distances running together - the walkers, junior women, junior men, open women (SW+MW) and open men (SM+MM) - which puts extra pressure on the handicappers!
Like last year, the course was lengthened but was made trickier by swollen streams (waist height in places) -- and plenty of mud. This meant the short course runners had a slight advantage again -- though almost everyone finished within six minutes of each other so the handicapper did a good job!
- Race 1: Boys & Girls under 10 scratch race (1km)
- Race 2: Boys and Girls under 14 scratch race (2km)
- Race 3:
- Walkers (4km open handicap),
- Open women (senior and masters women), junior women, junior men (4km open handicap)
- Open men (senior and masters men) (8km open handicap)
In the results for Race 3 below, the 'time' result is the finishing time on the clock, which started when the scratch (first) runner/walker started, and the handicap time is their starting time on the clock. The scratch time and place are the runner/walker's actual running/walking time.