Events and races from the club syllabus, the Wellington region, and further afield
view future events view past events view all events
The event details have been updated with restrictions due to Government Covid19 alert level 2.
The Athletics Wellington Road Championships on 19 September 2020 will be held while the region is under the Government’s Alert Level 2 restrictions.
The following operating procedures for the Championships have been prepared in accordance with Government rules around open air mass participation events together with guidance from Ministry of Health and Sport NZ publications.
The procedures are set out under 3 sections:
- Contact tracing: So we have an accurate list of who is at the Championships, should contact tracing subsequently be required, all athletes must enter online with their contact details and sign in when entering the course.
- 4 separate races: In order to limit gathering numbers to 100, the Championships will be divided up into 4 races:
- 10.30am 10km (for 40min+ runners)
- 12.30pm 5km (W50+, M60+, U20, U18, U16)
- 1.45pm 2.5km (U14, U12, U10)
- 2.45pm 10km (for sub 40min runners)
- Personal responsibility
- All athletes must enter online by Thursday evening, via the following link: https://www.webscorer.com/register?pid=1&raceid=221556
- Registration will allow us:
- to capture contact details should Covid19 contact tracing subsequently be required
- to provide contact details to the Ministry of Health if required
- to classify athletes into the correct grade for results purposes
- to ensure gathering numbers don’t exceed 100
- No entries will be taken on the day at the event
- If you enter, then subsequently decide not to attend, please notify: email@example.com
- Entry priority will be given to members of Athletics Wellington clubs. If you are from a club outside of Wellington and wish to race, please contact Daryl (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All athletes and officials must report to the Registration Desk to confirm their attendance:
- the Desk will be located at the (only) entrance to the designated course area.
- The course area starts by the road gate at the end of the carpark. Portaloos willalso be located here
- the Desk will open 45min prior to the start of each race
- athletes will have a race number written on their hand
- a Covid19 QR tracer code will be available for scanning
- hand sanitiser will be available
4 separate races
- Each of the 4 races will be treated as a separate event, with the number of athletes and officials limited to 100
- Athletes are NOT to enter the course (beyond the registration desk) more than 30min before the start time of their race. This will avoid co-mingling of different races.
- On completion of the race, race numbers will be recorded and then athletes are to exit the course
- Warm ups / warm downs are to be done on the road from the carpark back towards Wainui, ie outside of the designated course area. (But the course can be used for warm ups within 30min of start time).
- The carpark is not part of the designated course area, but you are still requested not to mingle in the carpark area with athletes who are in a different race from you
- The split of the 10km race between sub 40min and over 40min pace is only a guide; athletes can choose which race they want to do according to their start time preference
- Results from the two 10km races will be combined into one set of championship results
- Note the championship distances for junior grades are as listed above, and in most cases do differ from the distance if the championships were being held at Level 1.
- There will be no prizegiving, but championship medals will be posted out afterwards
- The course is closed to spectators / coaches / supporters. Athletes and officials only please.
We are fortunate that we are able to race, but it does rely on everyone playing their part and “doing the right thing”, so everyone stays safe and healthy. Therefore please exercise common sense and good personal hygiene:
- If you, or someone you are in close contact with, have symptoms of cold or flu, are unwell or who are waiting on test results for Covid19 please do not attend the event
- Regularly wash / sanitise hands
- Don’t enter the designated course area more than 30min before your start time
- Practical physical distancing before and after the race
- Exit the course promptly after your race
- Don’t mingle in the carpark area with athletes who are in a different race from you
- Don’t gather on the start line until called to the line by the starter
- Stick to the course, ie run in right hand lane (the course will have minimal cones and referees)
- No shaking hands / hugs / spitting / nose clearing
- No spectators / coaches / supporters.
For more details, contact:
Todd Stevens Athletics Wellington XC&R Chair email@example.com 021781238
Daryl Bloomfield Entries / Results firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Carman Race Director email@example.com