Events and races from the club syllabus, the Wellington region, and further afield
view future events view past events view all events
1. The Whittaker’s Chocolate Walk - open to walkers of all ages. Distance of approximately 6 km. Walkers must estimate their time with the winners being the walkers who are closest to their estimated time. Prizes for first female and first male.
2. The Boys & Girls Races – four scratch races for athletes under 16 years of age, and a fun run for the under 7’s. Athletes 16 years and older run in the junior relay. Prize giving for the four scratch races will be held shortly after the under 7’s fun run, just before the start of the relay. Age is taken as at 31 December 2020.
3. The Victoria University Relay – 10 grades with 4 runners per team over an approx. 3.7 km lap. Note the introduction of the M60+ grade this year.
- 12:00 PM: Chocolate Walk 6 km walk on the road; 11.30 registration, 12 noon start
- 1:15 PM B&G U10 1.2 km: the start is over the sandhills to the south of the main start/finish area
- 1:30 PM B&G U12 2 km loop from the start/finish area
- 1.45 PM B&G U14 2 km loop from the start/finish area
- 2:00 PM B&G U16 2 km loop from the start/finish area
- 2:15 PM B&G U7 500 metres fun run "out and back" from the start/finish area
- 2:50 PM UNIVERSITY RELAY: 10 grades with 4 runners per team, approx. 3.7 km lap. All grades start together - this keeps the day compact and makes for competitive racing with athletes from the various grades unofficially competing against one another. Prizes will be awarded to the winning team in each grade with the prize-giving to start as soon as the final runner completes the event. Composite teams are allowed to comprise runners of mixed ages and genders (results in this grade will be recorded but there will no prizes awarded). Grades: Junior women U20, Junior men U20 , Open women, Open men, Masters women 35+, Masters men 35+, Masters women 50+, Masters men 50+, Masters men 60+, Composite.
PLEASE NOTE: age is taken as of 31st December 2020 OR in the case of Masters, age on the day of the event.
Electronic Timing Batons and Changeover
- Team members must run with the baton in their hand.
- Next lap runners must enter the changeover area via the side access chute, NOT VIA THE START/FINISH CHUTE
- Baton changeover must take place in the allocated changeover zone
NOTE: ABSOLUTELY NO DOGS ARE PERMITTED ON THE FARM AREA OF QE PARK, EITHER LOOSE, ON LEADS OR IN CARS. SO PLEASE LEAVE YOUR CANINES AT HOME!