Events and races from the club syllabus, the Wellington region, and further afield
view future events view past events view all events
Club social summer run
For those just wanting a club pack run, meet at the main entry gate into Newtown Park Track at 2:30pm. Hang around afterwards and watch the mile races - there will be a bar open so bring some cash.
Scottish Night of Miles
Latest details for this event are on the Facebook event page here (you don't need to be a member of Facebook to access this).
The LIFESTYLE SPORTS Scottish Night of Miles is an annual event organised by Wellington Scottish Running Club. It is a unique event full of Christmas fun and features races over the rarely run distance of one mile.
Each year we collect donations ($5 suggested) from athletes and spectators then hand them on to a local Wellington charity. This year's charity is the Mary Potter Hospice.
We are also grateful to our event sponsor, Lifestyle Sports, who are a long-standing supporter of Scottish Athletics and one of the premier retailers of running kit within the region.
The programme consists of a mix of children's, senior elite and fun social events. There are several different mile races including elite men's and women's races and an all-comers mile that anyone can participate in (including Father Christmas).
This year we are introducing a couple of new events:
- a Mile relay - teams of 4, each athlete running 400m (and a bit) to provide some fun at the end of the evening, prizes to any team that breaks the magical 4 minute mile!
- fastest Santa award - pop on a beard, Santa hat or full Santa suit and run the 100m or 200m - prizes to the fastest Santa this side of Lapland...
The provisional programme is outlined below. Please enter in advance here - by close of play 11th December- to take part in one of the seeded races:
- Open Walkers
- Masters Men
- Open Men and Women
Anyone wanting to compete in the Kids Chocolate Fish Dash, the All-Comers Social Mile (against Father Christmas), Mile relay or any of the sprints can enter on the day.
Indicative Programme (correct as at 2 December):
- 15:00 Open 100m sprint - For anyone 12 and over (Santa suits optional)
- 15:20 Open Walkers Mile - enter in advance
- 15:40 Open 200m sprint - For anyone 12 and over (Santa suits optional)
- 16:00 Open Masters Men A Mile - for those masters (over 35) - enter in advance
- 16:10 Open Masters Men B Mile For those Masters (over 35) - enter in advance
- 16:20 Open Men’s B Mile - enter in advance
- 16:30 Kids Chocolate Fish Dash – open to kids 12 under
- 16:50 Open Women’s Competitive Mile - enter in advance
- 17:00 Open Men’s Elite A Mile - enter in advance
- 17:15 All-Comers Mile races against Santa - no need to pre-enter
- 17:30 Mile Relay - no need to pre-enter
Page: 1 of 1 | Articles: 1- 1
First « 1 » Last