Events and races from the club syllabus, the Wellington region, and further afield
view future events view past events view all events
Athletics Wellington Road Championships, incorporating Olympic Harriers Club Road Championships.
The road course is the same as the last two years - based on a 2.5km loop, with a short 1km loop for the young grades. The 10km course is 4 laps with 7 turns. The 5km course is 2 laps with 3 turns.
Parking: There is parking either at the course, down by the clubrooms at Richard Prouse Park or at the end of Hine Road.
Refreshments: Barbecue, hot drinks, cold drinks, and muffins will be for sale at the tent area by the start/finish line.
Toilet Facilities: There will be 4 portaloos on site. There are also toilets situated next to the clubrooms at Richard Prouse Park.
Age Grades: For all grades, except Masters, ages are at 31st December 2018. For Masters’ grades, ages are age on the day.
- U20 = will be 18 or 19 at end of this year.
- U18 = will be 16 or 17 at end of this year.
- U16 = will be 14 or 15 at end of this year.
- U14 = will be 12 or 13 at end of this year.
- U12 = will be 10 or 11 at end of this year.
- U10 = will be 9 or younger at year end.
Masters grades are MM35-39 (changed from 2017), MW35-49, MM50-59, MW50-59, MM60-69, MW60-69, MM70+, MW70+.
Championship Events for Masters and Seniors:
- 10km Championship distance: SW, MW35-49, SM, MM35-49, MM50-59.
- 5km Championship distance: MW50-59, MW60-69, MW70+, MM60-69 MM70+
Any Senior or Master runner who wishes to enter a distance other than their championship distance must email firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 20 August, 5:00pm. Please send the following details; Name, Club, Race Bib
Number, Grade and Distance you are running, 5km or 10km. If you are a masters runner and wish to run in a “higher” championship grade (eg. a master wishing to enter the senior race, or a W50 wishing to enter the W35
10km race), please also let Daryl know this.
Teams and Medals:
- Open and Masters championship grades: 6 to count for Open Men. 4 to count for all other grades. Masters can count for both their club’s Masters and Open teams.
- Junior Grades: 3 to count for all junior age grades, WU20 and WU18 to be combined.
- Centre medals will be awarded for the first 3 registered Wellington Centre athletes in each grade.
- Medals will be given out as soon as provisional results become available. Note final results might not be available on the day of the event. Season medals for each championship grade will also be given out as the results become available.
Race times and distances:
- Race 1: 12:40pm: Junior Men U20 (7.5km - 3 loops of 2.5km); MM60-69 and 70+, MW50-59, 60-69 and 70+, WU20, WU18, men 20-59 non-championship, women 20-49 non-championship (5km - 2 loops of 2.5km)
- Race 2: 1:20pm : Girls U10, Boys U10 (1km - 1 loop of 1km)
- Race 3: 1:30pm: Girls U12, Boys U12 (2km - 2 loops of 1km)
- Race 4: 1:50pm: MU18 (6km - 1 loop of 1km and 2 loops of 2.5km); Girls U16, Boys U16 (3.5km - 1 loop of 1km and 1 loop of 2.5km)
- Race 5: 2:20pm: Girls U14, Boys U14 (2.5km - 1 loop of 2.5km)
- Race 6: 2:45pm: SM, SW, MM35-49 , MW35-39, MM50-59, W50+ non-champ, M60+ non-champ (10km - 4 laps of 2.5km)
Page: 1 of 1 | Articles: 1- 1
First « 1 » Last