Events and races from the club syllabus, the Wellington region, and further afield
view future events view past events view all events
Note the addition of the W50 grade for 2019
- 10.30am: Walkers - the Great Bays Relay Turkey Trot; 5km (NB first lap of relay course (+224m) only). Report to caravan at start by 10am to enter and to estimate time.
- 12.30pm: Women under 20, Senior women, Masters Women (35+), Masters Women (50+), Masters Men 60+
- 1:00pm: Men under 20, senior men, masters men (35+), masters men (50+)
- 3:30pm: Prizegiving at WHAC clubrooms
Change over points:
Start at Island Bay
(1) Near the end of the sea wall at Lyall Bay opposite Kingsford Smith Street – 4.776 km
(2) Just past the bus stop at Eve Bay (before the Pass of Branda) – 4.649 km
(3) On the concrete path between grass and sand near the changing rooms at Scorching Bay – 4.804 km
(4) Shelly Bay, by the former gates at the southern end of the old air force base – 3.845 km
Finish at Evans Bay Parade / Cobham Drive intersection – 3.978 km
(Relay distance 22.052 km; lap distances re-measured 2014)
(a) Competitors must run on the footpath on the seaward side of the road where it is available, except where directed to run elsewhere by the Race Marshals. If no footpath is available, competitors must run within ONE METRE of the right hand edge of the sealed surface of the roadway. Competitors and supporters must obey the directions of the Race Referee, Race Marshals, and Police Officers at all times. Roads will not be closed, be aware of moving traffic at all times.
(b) UNIFORM Club uniform must be worn. The race number provided for each team is to be worn on the front of the runner’s uniform, and it must be clearly visible and unaltered.
(c) MINIMUM AGE RESTRICTION For safety reasons, ALL competitors MUST be at least 14 years of age on the day of the race.
(d) REPLACEMENT In the event of a runner being unable to complete a lap, that runner may be replaced by another member of the team. However, any team making a substitution during the race will not be eligible to claim any team award or placing. All such substitutions must be notified in writing to the Officials at the Finish of the Lap. Any runner replaced during the event for being unable to complete his / her lap, may not run in a subsequent lap for any team.
(e) INFRINGEMENTS Teams can expect DISQUALIFICATION for a major infringement of the race rules. Teams WILL AUTOMATICALLY receive a TWO MINUTE PENALTY added to the overall team time for an infringement of Race Rule (a) SAFETY. Persistent infringement of Race Rule (a) SAFETY will be deemed a major infringement and result in disqualification. A warning may not be given for infringement of rules.
(f) PROTESTS AND APPEALS IAAF Competition Rules 146 covers protests and appeals. Any protest must be made to the Race Referee within 30 minutes of the finish of the race. Any appeal must be made to the Race Director.
(g) NOTICE TO SPECTATORS The road is very narrow for most of the course. If following the relay in your car, please keep well to the left and do not delay following traffic. Do not stop on bends or other spots likely to cause traffic congestion. You must park well away from all changeover points. Take Care At All Times.
Club uniform (Olympic singlet and black shorts) must be worn.
Page: 1 of 1 | Articles: 1- 1
First « 1 » Last