The harrier season (winter cross country and road racing) is jam-packed with races, with one every second weekend, on average. They are made up of club races (organised by the club for the club), inter-club races (Wellington-based races for the Wellington clubs), and for those who are serious (and good enough!), the national championship races organised by Athletics New Zealand. The Wellington Masters Athletics also organises a number of races for masters athletes.
Over summer, Athletics Wellington runs a track and field programme based at the track at Newtown Park.
See also information on race timing.
Please note that the race descriptions below are subject to change. Please check the club calendar for up to date details of a particular event!
- The Club races:
- Club cross country championships
- Club road championships
- Grand Memorial races and Old Members’ Day
- Maiden & Perston races
- Perston Baton Relay Race
- Philp Shield
- The Wellington Inter-Club races:
- Shaw Baton Relay
- University Cross Country Relay
- Vosseler Shield
- Dorne Cup
- Athletics Wellington Cross Country Championships
- Bays Relay
- Athletics Wellington Road Champs
- The National races:
- NI Cross Country Champs
- Athletics New Zealand Cross Country Champs
- Athletics New Zealand Road Champs
- National Road Relay Champs
- The Wellington Masters races:
- Masters Classic Relay
- Masters 8km Road Race
- Masters 10km Road Race
- The track and field season
Last updated: 11 Sep 2016