Dorne Cup, Sat 10 June from 1:00 pm, Trentham Memorial Park
A few course changes this year, but still the same feel to the classic race on grass (ideal for spikes) around the Park and alongside the river in the Hutt. For course maps you can go to the Hutt Valley Harrier website at this link: http://hvh.org.nz/dorne-cup/ If you haven't entered yet, do so online (Olympic pays the fee) at https://2017awwinterracing.eventdesq.com/ (Online entries close: 5:00pm on Thursday 8 June, late entries available on the day, up until 12.30pm (only 30 minutes before the first race). No entries after this time.
- 1.00pm 6km: Masters Women (35+), Masters Women (50+), Open Women (SW) Masters Men (60+), Masters Women (60+), Masters Men (70+), Masters Women (70+)
- 1.30pm 4km: Men Under 20 (MU20), Women Under 20 (WU20), Men Under 18 (MU18), Women Under 18 (WU18)
- 2.00pm 2km: Boys Under 11 (BU11), Girls Under 11 (GU11), Boys Under 13 (BU13), Girls Under 13 (GU13)
- 2.15pm 3km: Boys/Girls Under 15 (BU15/GU15)
- 2.30pm 1km: Boys Under 9 (BU9), Girls Under 9 (GU9)
- 2.45pm 8km: Open Men (SM), Masters Men (40+), Masters Men (50+)
Zone managers required for Wellington Marathon
The organiser of the Wellington Marathon (that's ex-club member Michael Jacques) has had some volunteers pull out - he is now urgently looking for up to six zone managers to help out on the day (Sunday 18th). Zone managers look after groups of marshals and other volunteers out on the course, and are needed for the full morning (probably six hours), plus a briefing before hand. Michael knows we're experienced at this sort of thing so would appreciate our help. If you can help (or have questions) please email Mike Waterman as soon as possible. As usual, he will make a payment to our club, so if you can help out then you'll also help out the club.
North Island Cross Country at Taupo, 1 July
The Club likes to have an away event where runners and their families can have a fun weekend of running, and this is it! Big thanks to Brian who has secured a grant to cover many of the costs. Pretty much you last chance to get in on this so register now, or if you have not been before talk to someone who has -- they will tell you what fun it is There is a fair bit to organise in terms of accommodation, how many vans we need for those looking to share a ride up there, and booking spaces for dinner so it is really important to let us know who is going. The web portal is the way to do this, and has more details of what is coming up -- please do get in early and sign up now. https://eventdesq.sportstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=main&EventDesqID=25117&OrgID=10499
Club Subscriptions are due
June is here and your Olympic subs are (past) due. Sign up on the web page https://memberdesq.onesporttechnology.com/3228/org The club depends on your support to keep things ticking over. We also apply for a good number of grants from community funders (which we often get, thanks Brian) -- that extra money in the pot means you get even better return on your investment!
- 17 June: Pack run from the clubrooms
- 18 June Wellington Marathon (likely to be a few mid winter runs or swims around here too -- keep an eye out)
- Sundays 8:30 am: A group of keen runners go for a longer run, usually around 5 min/km pace.
Watch https://www.facebook.com/groups/797068523644426/ where they co-ordinate locations and transport etc
There are a couple of active Facebook pages associated with the club. If memory serves you need to be accepted to get access but that is not a big hassle. A variety of semi organised runs at different levels, encouragement for summer track athletes, and celebrations of current (and some past) performances all turn up regularly.
- https://www.facebook.com/olympicharriers/ Lots of results and chats here!
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/797068523644426/ This is the Womens (and Mens) group a bit cryptic, but quite active.